在您前面已有 1090387 位会员加入 免费注册
    您是本帖的第 2273 个阅读者  

作 家   通知: 跨国外贸论坛维护中,发文请登陆跨国会员区--其他功能--发布外贸文章(需实名),欢迎外贸相关服务企业参与。
1楼 runjady

等级:小学生
发帖数:4
回帖数:2
发帖时间 - 2007/4/20 9:08:47  
Life is full of special occasions. On these important days, you need to know the right words to say. Some situations are delicate and we need to use words that give comfort and condolence. Others are happy celebrations when we congratulate others. Read our list of useful expressions to use in life's special and serious situations.生活中充满了特殊的场合。在这些重要的日子上,你应该了解正确的措辞。有些场合很微妙,你应该说一些让人舒服、给人以安慰的话语。而在欢乐的庆祝场合我们应该祝福别人。看一看我们列出的实用表达法,可以在生活中的特殊或者严肃的场合派上用场。

Weddings 婚礼 
It is a happy day when two lovers decide to tie the knot and get married! Say "Congratulations" to the bride and groom. Whether you're at the wedding or writing a card, you can add, "I wish you happiness in the years to come." 
两个朋友喜结连理是值得高兴的事。记得一定要对新郎和新娘说:"Congratulations!".无论你是出席婚礼还是寄上祝福卡片,你都可以加上一句:"I wish you happiness in the years to come."

Bereavement 丧亲
If someone you know has lost a loved one, they will be hurt. In this delicate situation, say "I'm so sorry to hear about the r loss of your loved one." You can add, "If there is anything I can do for you, let me know."
如果你认识的人正承受着丧亲之痛,那他们一定无比心痛。在这种凝重的场合,你应该说:"I'm so sorry to hear about the loss of your loved one.",还可以再加上一句:"If there is anything I can do for you, let me know."

Birthdays 生日
On a friend or colleague's birthday, a cheerful "Happy Birthday!" is enough. It is also common to ask the birthday boy or girl if they have any special party plans: "Are you doing anything special to celebrate?" Remember that in Western cultures, your friends take you out to dinner or to have fun—not the other way around. Also, avoid asking about age (some people don't like to tell)!
在朋友或者同事的生日上,一句"Happy Birthday!"就足够了。询问生日主角有什么特殊的庆祝活动也很常见:"Are you doing anything special to celebrate?"记住,在西方文化中,朋友带你出去吃晚饭或者找乐子---不是干其他事情。另外,要避免询问年龄(有些人不愿意讲)。

Illness 生病 
If you're feeling sick, it's always nice to hear someone say, "How are you feeling?" Phrases like "Take care of yourself," "Get well soon," or "I hope you feel better soon" are also appropriate for minor illnesses.
如果觉得不舒服,那么听到别人说"How are you feeling?"总是欣慰的。对于病情不严重的病人,说些"Take care of yourself","Get well soon","I hope you feel better soon"之类的话语也是合适的。

Birth of a Child 孩子出生
If a new bundle of joy has come into this world, tell the proud parents "Congratulations!" If you don't know the sex of the baby, ask "Is it a boy or a girl?" If you see a photo, say "She's adorable!" or "He's so cute!" You can also say "She takes after her mother!" which means the baby looks like her mother.一种新的乐趣降临人世,你可以对自豪的父母说:"Congratulations!".如果你还不知道宝宝的性别,那么你可以问:"Is it a boy or a girl?"如果别人让你看照片,你可以说:"She's adorable!","He's so cute",或者"She takes after her mother!",这表示宝宝长得比较像妈妈

相关帖子:
  • 10 Ways to Cheer Up (2008-01-15)
  • 英语十一种“钱”的表达方法 (2008-01-15)
  • 餐类 (2008-01-17)
  • an interesting topic from the webnet (2008-01-19)

日常英语
    ------------------

• 本主题共有1页回复:   1 
    转到:

推荐文章
    :::bbs.globalimporter.net 跨国外贸论坛 | 跨国采购网 | 外贸博客 | 外贸展会 | 外贸货代 | 速样通 